Route 3 is suitable for beginners, families with children who want an adventurous experience, people with disabilities and those with experience who want to make a relaxing kayak on the Danube.
This is a 1-day route, with the starting point and return to Corabia, at km 637 of the Danube, in Olt County.
The participants are transported by the organizing team to the starting point of Corabia together with the equipment and luggage for the whole team.
It would be advisable to leave this morning to be able to walk and admire the beauty of the landscape and not to impose a too rhythmical rhythm.
The departure is from Corabia, from where we roam the Danube in a semicircle and we stray through the islands to get back to Corabia.
Like any one-day return route to the starting point, the Corabia route involves uphill, so against the current, which means more effort on return.
The Roman fortress Sucidava is located five kilometers from the town of Corabia, Olt County, the village of Celei. It was an important economic and military center and was built after the conquest of Dacia by the Romans. In the 4th century, a bridge over the Danube, also known as the bridge of Constantine, was built here. Built of stone and wood, it is considered one of the longest in antiquity - almost 2.5 kilometers. But it only existed for a short period of time.
Today a single pillar is still standing. The road to the fortress is marked with signs. Once you reach the entrance, you can meet a guard or you can enter the fenced area for free. The site size will amaze you. The walls are very well preserved, and the open side will make you imagine the city at its height when it was full of live.
The Sucidava Fortress covers an area of approximately 220,000 m2. After being destroyed by the Huns, it was restored during the Byzantine Emperor Justinian between 527 and 535. The archaeological excavations proved that after the year 602, Dacians and Romans - and later Romanians - lived here. The modern Sucidava, formerly called Celei village, was first documented in 1247 in documents related to the Hospitaller Order.
Many articles discovered around the fortress are exposed today in the Ethnographic and Archaeological Museum of Corabia.
The main point of reference in the city of Sucidava is the Secret Fountain, considered to be unique in its construction.
Decorated in the 6th century, it was rediscovered in 1958. It was named because of its water source - an underground spring, 14 meters outside the fortress. According to stories, on the wedding day, the bride should come here and drink "living water" from this fountain so that marriage is full of love. This is why the locals call this fountain and the Source of Love. The water is still good to drink and clear as a tear.
The museum was founded in 1951 with a mixed profile: history, ethnography, natural sciences. The building, a historic monument, was built in 1907. The museum's exhibition consists of two sections: folk art and ancient history. The rich heritage found in the Celia settlement, from traces from the Neolithic to the Middle Ages, has consistently provided exhibits for museum collections.
The collections contain archeological pieces, weapons, tools, household utensils, pottery, jewelry, numismatics, bronze and marble statues, funerary monuments, architectural pieces, epigraphic pieces of exceptional quality, Byzantine treasures. There are also exhibits for the natural sciences, paleontology, fauna and flora in the area.
Another significant collection is ethnography and folk art, which contains tools and tools for agriculture, fishing, zootechnics, traditional life and popular clothing. The museum is located on Str. Cuza Voda nr. 65, Contact at telephone no 0040 249.561.364.
In the summer of 1896, the following were written in the history of Caracal: "Foundations have been set up for the National Theater, which will bring cultural prosperity to the inhabitants of Caracal." At that time, an impressive number of theaters were built in Europe. At the same time, the Romanians built the Romanian Athenaeum, the National Theater in Iasi, as well as those in Bucharest, Cluj and Timisoara. With the will of the city's administration and love for theater, Caracal also built a theater - equally beautiful and impressive, with the same European architectural spirit built in the historic city center, near the ruins of the Princely Court of Michael the Brave.
The building of the Caracal Theater was built between 1896 and 1901 in eclectic style with neo-Renaissance and neo-Renaissance accents, and impresses with massive size and rich decorations. The building of the Caracal Theater, built between 1896-1901 in eclectic style with neo-Renaissance and neo-Renaissance accents, impresses with the massive and richness of its scenery. The theater was built by the Austrian architect Franz Billek, following his plans in Bucharest in May 1896. As far as we know, this is the only building designed by the architect Billek in the Kingdom. The contractor was Spaulenzi Mariani of Italy.
The oldest foreign business in Romania, with an uninterrupted activity of 320 years, is the Albanian Athlete. It belongs to the Memish family, originating in Albania. The history of the Memish family business in Romania begins 300 years ago. Around Memorial in Wallachia in Wallachia in 1700, Traditional Albanian sweets and drinks were traded. They used to come every summer and at home they spent only the winters.
Even if there are 300 years, the business has its current name since 1912. In the spring of 1912, a circus arrived in Slatina, which included a number of wrestling attractions. The prize was 300 golden Napoleons. One of the Memish family ancestors came into the competition to win. Out of respect for the city and for the citizens, he donated the City Hall money, which in turn offered the business the name "Albanian Athlete", which has been operating ever since.
The "Albanian Atheist" confectionery looks like a blocked time capsule in the 1950s, the only modern technology being air conditioning. The refrigerators are filled with millet and lemon beer, halva, Turkish shit and ice cream, and the walls are filled with newspaper clippings and old photos of famous people who have crossed the threshold of the "millet-bearded man" in Slatina. All recipes are secret, no one outside the clan has been hired in the store, and only members of the family have access to the lab.
The specialties of the house are: millet beer, lemonade, ice cream, sarailia, halva, baclava, Turkish delight of roses and nuts.
In 2008, the Town Hall of Slatina gave the Memish family the title of honorary citizen of the city.
In the town of Scornicesti is the house where Nicolae Ceausescu was born on January 26th, 1918, which has been a cradle of the golden age for a long time.
The house where Nicolae Ceausescu was born was built around 1890 and renovated in 1979. In addition to the original furniture that belonged to Ceausescu, the house features specific objects from that period, traditional shirts, vases, cups. In the room on the left there are photographs of the family and a painting depicting Nicolae Ceausescu at the age of 14, when he was arrested, received as a gift in the first years of his leadership.
Reconditioned in 1978 and closed to the audience for almost 18 years, the house is now in the care of Emil Barbulescu, nephew of Nicolae Ceausescu, but can only be visited if any of his acquaintances are around or can get there in a reasonable time to accompany visitors.
Emil Barbulescu decided in 2007 to open the doors of the house where his uncle was born, then placed in front of the old house a bust of his uncle, Nicolae Ceausescu
The monument in Slatina is the first in the country, erected in memory of Ecaterina Teodoroiu, whose achievement was constituted in 1920 by an initiative committee under the patronage of Queen Maria, whose presence at the inauguration in 1925 was considered by the Mayor of Slatina at that time I.A. Tomescu "the most important act of the life of this city".
The monument of Ecaterina Teodoroiu is the work of the sculptor Dimitrie Mataoanu (1899 - 1929) and its construction began in 1921. The monument in Slatina of the heroine Ecaterina Teodoroiu is a bronze statue of natural size in a dynamic attitude with a counterweight weapon and a helmet in the right hand. The statue is set on a three-stage concrete pedestal made in baroque style, with corners in the form of endorsed columns.
The founder of the Strehareti hermitage was Bishop Seraphim the First of Buzau and Bishop of Ramnic in 1668.
The construction of the hermitage began in 1665, and on August 4, 1668, Serafim consecrated the foundation of the Metropolitan Church of Bucharest, where the archbishop Theodosie used to dwell.
After 1865, the Strehareti hermitage led a quiet life without major events. The frescoes of the hermitage are important through the Neobyzantine style of painting and Cyrillic writing, which is preserved on the frontispieces of the wall icons. Many of the hermitage icons are living documents with period markings, icons that, despite the weather, are still beautiful and well preserved.
In 1979, the old bell tower was demolished and a new bell tower was built above the portal at the entrance to the monastery.