The ‘RowAdventure’ project aims to develop tourism in the Romanian-Bulgarian cross-border area along the Danube, exploiting the natural potential of the area by promoting a friendly and healthy ecological environment for citizens and guests, in a clean climate while preserving cultural values and natural, taking into account the delicate Danube ecosystem and the landscape, while ensuring sustainable regional development and opportunities for creating a green economy in the region.
The `RowAdventure` project is implemented in association of three entities, as follows:
Main Beneficiary – Project Leader: AISSER Calarasi Association
- Contact Person - Andrei Ștefan STOIAN, Chairman
- Address: Bulevardul Republicii 50B, Calarasi, Romania
- Telephone: 0371/015.145
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.aisser.ro
- Facebook account: www.facebook.com/AISSERCalarasi/
The purpose of the Association is to lead projects that contribute to economic, social, educational, cultural, ecological and tourism development in the local and regional community, especially in the Lower Danube area, and to support all forms of economic and social, multicultural and sporting cooperation between the two neighboring countries, Romania and Bulgaria.
2nd Beneficiary – ‘Sport for you and me’ Association Vidin
- Contact Person: Stanislav Sashev Stoichkov, Chairman
- Address: Street ‘Arda’ 8, Kula, Vidin, Bulgaria
- Telephone: +359888152905/+35929202010
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.sportzatebimen.com
The ‘Sport for me and you’ association has as a business field, the development, validation and advertise of practical sports. The association promotes cooperation at all levels: cross-border, regional, interregional, transnational and local. It also promotes smart, sustainable and inclusive development and protection of cross-border identity. The Association develops sports competitions and organizes pilot events to promote the improvement of conservation capacity and the sustainable use of natural, historical and cultural heritage in cross-border regions.
‘Sport for me and you’ has gained professional experience through the implementation of 10 projects aiming the sports promoting. It also organized events that stimulate inclusive growth and the sustainable development of rural areas. As such, she was involved in the exchange of experience between young people and workshops aimed at encouraging a healthy lifestyle and promoting natural heritage resources. The sports club shall support the project activities by offering professional athletes and enthusiasts to support attractive cross-border competition. The club is registered in the National Register of Sports Organizations and member of the Bulgarian Canoe Federation and the Bulgarian Bodybuilding Federation.
3rd Beneficiary – the Association Sports Club ACTIS
- Contact person: Daniel Banateanu, Chairman
- Address: Bulevardul Republicii 50B, Calarasi, Romania
- Telephone: 0722/468.038
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.actisclub.ro
ACTIS Club Association was established in 2015 to organize and manage sporting and recreational activities, promoting sport, practicing it by its members and all age groups of amateurs, participating in sports activities and competitions. Basically, the Association aims to develop a mass sports culture. We plan to develop experience and fun-based projects where people participating in events, from children to young people, parents and grandparents, can even do sports, not just to hear about its benefits.
‘RowAdventure’ Project - ROBG 272 is funded under the INTERREG V-A Romania - Bulgaria Program, Call 3, under Priority Axis 2 "A Green Region".
Project target group
The target group of the project, through which kayaks and canoe rides shall be organized on the Danube in areas with unique habitat in the European Union, is represented by the general public interested in this type of adventure activity, which can participate in this type of expedition.
So the ‘RowAdeventure’ project is intended to the following categories of people:
• Those who understand the urgent discovery of nature by direct means;
• those who need fresh air and little dynamism in their lives;
• Those who are not afraid of adventure, unexpected, unknown;
• those who choose to live the beauty of wild places directly through their own senses;
• those who can give up mobile phones, laptops, to the detriment of real socialization, inspiring clean air, admiring nature in all its forms;
• those who are able to feel the pure emotion transmitted by the vibration of the rustle of the leaves and the water linkage;
• those sociable and united, willing to share joy and stories at campfire;
• those who dare to embrace the unespected;
In order to attract as many participants as possible to the nautical events, craft and sports equipment have been purchased for beginners or professionals, families with children, as well as for disabled people.
Project duration: 18 months - September 2018 - March 2020.
Project location - Romania – Bulgaria cross-border region:
- Seven counties of Romania: Mehedinti, Dolj, Olt, Teleorman, Giurgiu, Calarasi, Constanta;
- Eight districts of Bulgaria: Vidin, Vratsa, Montana, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Silistra, Dobrich.
The ‘RowAdventure’ project aims at developing integrated tourism product packages in the eligible area of the project by promoting both the tourist potential given by the considerable natural and cultural heritage and the tourism and recreational potential of Danube canoeing.
Main purpose of the project
Creating a new integrated tourist product for adventure tourists (kayak and canoe adventure tours for advanced, advanced, families and disabled people) to help better utilize the common tourism potential, generating at the end of the project implementation 6,033 overnight stays in the cross-border region. At the same time, new tourism products shall support the region's sustainable economic, cultural and social development.
The particular objectives are the following:
• developing 2 joint strategies to improve the sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage;
• increasing the number of overnight stays in the eligible area of the project - 6,033 overnight stays, following the creation of the new integrated tourism products and the functionality of both tourist centers during the implementation of the project and its sustainability period.
Expected results of the project:
• 1 new integrated tourist product designed for adventure tourists - adventure tours with kayaks and canoe for beginners, professionals, families, and disabled people;
• 2 strategies / studies to improve the sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage:
a common strategy for identifying tourist routes on the Danube and exploring the natural and cultural heritage. The strategy shall include specific resources for the promotion and development of natural tourism (national and natural parks, thermal springs, forests and areas with special natural beauty, etc.) and cultural tourism (single-value heritage buildings, archaeological sites, art, festivals, etc.);
a common strategy for the promotion of integrated tourism products, including the attractiveness of the cross-border area covered by the project. The strategy shall include: a network for the promotion of integrated tourism products, participation in national tourism fairs both in Romania and Bulgaria, for the promotion of integrated tourism products;
• Promotional materials (roll-ups, flyers, brochures, diaries, eco pens, memory sticks, key rings, waterproof rucksacks, cloaks, paddles, technical water sports jerseys, sunscreen caps);
• Website for the promotion of integrated tourism products;
• mobile application with the Danube routes identified in the eligible area of the project;
• promotion on social networks;
• 6,033 overnight stays in the Romanian-Bulgarian cross-border area generated by the creation of new integrated tourism products (the number of overnights being calculated for the sustainability period - 5 years);
• 2 operational tourist centers (one center on each side of the border), fully equipped with water sports equipment (total: 20 kayaks for one person, 20 kayaks for two, 10 canoe for two, 10 canoe for four people and 10 boats for disabled people);
• 14 pilot actions in the eligible area of the program, which shall generate a total of 400 overnight stays in the eligible area of the project as follows:
- 4 kayaking adventure tours;
- 4 canoes;
- 4 excursions with special boats;
- 2 regattas